Manufactured from high purity graphite filament yarn impregnated with PTFE. This ensures that the packing has high thermal conductivity, very low friction and rapid heat dissipation, factors that ensure a long seal life.
PILOTPACK 4010 is excellent packing for use on rotating pumps, reciprocating pumps and valves on hot oils, hydrocarbons, chemicals, solvents, steam (saturated & superheated) in refineries, petro chemical, power generation and metal processing industries.
- Long sealing life for high temperature high pressure applications.
- Inclusion of a corrosion inhibitor ensures stainless steel shafts do not suffer pitting.
- Manufactured from highest quality pure graphite with minimal impurities.
- High thermal conductivity and low friction properties ensure increased service life.
- Easy to cut and install so can be used to replace moulded rings resulting in greatly reduced stock and cost.
For the pH range 0-14, the packing is chemically inert and suitable for steam. It should not be installed in strong oxidising environments such as hot concentrated nitric acid, highly concentrated sulphuric acid and molten alkali metals.
All square sections from 3mm (1/8”) to 25mm (1”) are generally available from stock in differing lengths depending on the cross section. Larger and rectangular sections can also be manufactured to order. PILOTPACK 4001 packing can also be supplied in preformed or die formed rings.
Speed: 25 m/s
Temperature range: -240 to 500˚C
Pressure: 10 bar
- Steam: -200 to 650˚C
- Oxidising environment: -200 to 500˚C
Maximum pressure: 200 bar
Speed: 2 m/s
Temperature range: -200 to 450˚C
Maximum pressure: 100 bar
Beldam Crossley can create PTFE products to your specification, creating a product with the correct PTFE grade material that works best for your application.
Contact our team of design engineers with your requirements and see how we can help you.
Beldam Crossley has been moulding PTFE for over half a century. We have since developed a wide range of High Performance Crossflon® materials, each suited to a specific application.